Friday, April 22, 2011

Update from New Jersey

Hello again, true believers.

Just wanted to drop two quick notes...

1. We made it in to NYC yesterday to visit, among other things, the Nintendo World Store. It's the first time I've been back since their renovations a few months ago.

It was good times. We really enjoyed the 3DS demos and the bigger focus on the console experience on the upper floor. It was my first time actually using the AR cards. It was, y'know, "nifty"... but my wife loooved it.

I played Madden and I gotta say it was a lot of fun. I wanted to try it since the reviews of it have been soooo bad. I don't know what the problem is? Can anyone explain to me how it isn't just a Madden game with 3D?? I wouldn't pay $40+ dollars for it ... but I wouldn't pay $40+ dollars for ANY Madden game!!

I also picked up an Emolga plush to go with the Picharisu we got back in August. Heck yea!

2. I've just finished my great contribution to the world of Pokemon. I call it the "Pokemon Effectiveness Calculator" and it is available in the Extras > Downloads section right NOW! If you have played a lot of Pokemon, its value should be immediately recognizable. I'm pretty proud of it! ^_^
... but I also welcome suggestions on how to improve it.

Oh heck, here's the link... and tell your friends!
http://www.nintemple.com/extras/PKMN-EC%20v1.1.exe

3 comments:

Maxi said...

I personally would add the Base stats under the type weaknesses so you can compare stats of different pokemon.Pokemon tend to have different stats and a physical attack may be more effective than a special attack on some pokemon. Maybe even some good movesets for the pokemon to make the most of its moves and stats. I can probably help out with the last part if you ask.

NinSage said...

Well, this is designed to be a super quick, super simple method of finding moves that are ... super... effective.

If people want the stats and moves then they don't need QUICK reference and there are already plenty of sites that provide that service.

But I couldn't find anything like the PkmnEffCal anywhere on the net soooooo I made one!

Greg Meyer said...

You made that, Sage? Very impressive!

Also, I'm super jealous you got to go to the Nintendo store. When I go to New York, that's the first place I'm heading.