Saturday, May 28, 2011

Understanding your first time in 3D

I've finally been honored with the privilege of playing an actual retail game on my 3DS, and it feels great.

Yes, after originally purchasing the Nintendo 3DS at launch with no games, a video game Messiah descended from heaven and on to my door step in the form of a Dead or Alive: Dimensions.

Now you're probably wondering, "is this another article to kill time because it's not yet the best day in the world known as E3?" Well, I should just lie to you and tell you no, but yes that is the reason for this. But! I think this is a good topic to bring up.

"Understanding your first time in 3d." Until actually playing a game, I honestly had not enjoyed my 3DS. And I think that will be the case for most 3DS owners until the library expands. I mean, there was no internet access first of all, and it's not like I'm one to get a rush out of creating Mii's all day; Face Raiders was entertaining at the start but got dull after a few days. So this game, Dead or Alive: Dimensions, it's truly a blessing.

It has finally let me understand why I bought a 3DS. TO HAVE FUN. I mean, it's just amazing to see. At first glance this is essentially a restructured DS Lite. But it's playing Nintendo GameCube caliber games in full fledged 3D! It's just really awesome to see how far technology has come, and to finally play 3D games on the go.  Granted I've only played for a few hours, but just thinking of the possibilities and the future of this system. MIND BLOWING.

So the proof is in the pudding my friends, it's just hard to understand what you're getting, until you finally get to see it in action.

5 comments:

Maxi said...

Yeah I hear yeah Supa. I still haven't tried out the 3DS but I think when I do it will be a pretty good feeling.

On a simi related note I found my DS Lite so I'll be playing Chrono Trigger DS in the chat tomorrow. I think I have maybe 5 or 6 endings left to get.

Lux said...

What?! Didnt try AR? Why? :P

Maxi said...

I meant that I don't have a 3DS yet Lux. It is kinda still out of my price range right now.

Lux said...

Oh that post was meant for Supas post sorry Maxi

Maxi said...

Oh okay my mistake.